Head of Safeguarding - Yorkshire, United Kingdom,
- Lead on all issues relating to safeguarding across the organisation, work with relevant professionals to take a lead in all strategic planning and development relating to the protection and welfare of patient groups;
- Be a highly visible senior nurse, providing specialist knowledge, advice and clinical expertise to all staff in the Trust in all areas of safeguarding vulnerable patients;
- Advice the organisation to ensure it appropriately discharges and fulfils its safeguarding inter-agency obligations;
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and partner agencies to ensure that patients who come into contact with the organisation are safeguarded and their welfare promoted;
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise in safeguarding to all employees;
- Line management of the Specialist Safeguarding Advisors within the Trust;
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and support the advancement of knowledge and skills in safeguarding adults to clinical staff and other frontline staff;
- Advise on human resource issues, which may include allegations of professional abuse, and complaints about staff concerning patients in line with national guidance;
- Overall responsibility for developing policies and protocols relevant to safeguarding with the organisations Named Professionals and Designated Professionals;
- Develop and ensure that the organisation has up to date safeguarding policies. Ensure that these are known to and accessible by all staff.
- Current NMC registration;
- Further training related to Safeguarding, demonstrated within career background and must have held a Senior Safeguarding post within the NHS;
- Enhanced knowledge of local and national policy and relevant key safeguarding issues, In-depth awareness of the PREVENT strategy.