Head of UK Programmes - London, United Kingdom,
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of UK Programmes to join our Programmes department on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract (with a view to progressing to permanent contract). You will be based at our London Office in Marylebone and in return, will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £48,000 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Benefits of joining us as our Head of UK Programmes include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of UK Programmes:
- Developing a UK Programmes strategy for Human Appeal.
- Researching opportunities of funding from local trusts, foundations and institutional donors and developing concept notes and proposals to win bids.
- Running UK-based projects and campaigns, which may encompass working fundraising, coordinating volunteers, raising awareness and working directly with UK beneficiaries.
- Managing partner agencies for UK programmes, from ensuring partners are selected professionally considering HA values, to monitoring progress against objectives to ensure projects will be completed to deadline.
- Taking financial control for UK projects, by monitoring budgets for each project and ensuring that financial targets are met.
- Raising the profile of Human Appeal in the UK charity sector through networking and attending key events.
- Working in collaboration with a wide range of UK and global organisations and think tanks to undertake research, write papers and partake in discussions to ensure that Human Appeal is established as a thought-leader in the area of UK programmes.
- Writing reports to evaluate UK programmes for a variety of audiences including HA donors and HA Board of Trustees.
What we're looking for in our Head of UK Programmes:
- A graduate, ideally in a relevant field such as Social Sciences
- At least 6 years' experience working in a similar role within the not-for-profit, public or corporate responsibility sector
- At least 5 years' management experience with proven success
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrable experience of building networks
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the key thematic areas of Human Appeal's UK programmes work, such as tackling homelessness
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced UK Charity Programmes, Public Sector or Corporate Social Responsibility Professional looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
What our Staff Say:
"I appreciate the support from the senior leadership team. The CEO is a hands-on leader who supports his workforce with passion and energy. He promotes his employees' successes and motivates his teams to work harder" - Humeira, Donor Care Manager
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP, so for the best chance of success please click 'apply' today to become our Head of UK Programmes - we would love to hear from you!