Head of Web - West Midlands, United Kingdom,
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Head of Web on behalf of a reputable Public Sector organisation based in the West Midlands.
This is a temporary role for a period of three months, with the opportunity to apply for the permanent position.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of leading the delivery of digital projects, improving user journey, working with internal stakeholders and managing high performing teams.
- Reviewing the current CMS provision and establishing a clear platform, content strategy and team vision in line with the communications plan
- Producing monthly delivery plans and quarterly priority plans to ensure that key resource peaks from high level web upgrades to annual activities
- Managing the web team to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to specification
- Constantly reviewing user experience to ensure the overall information architecture and key user journeys are appropriate and effective to help meet business goals
- Reviewing the structure of the CMS and ensuring that the file structure and other technical considerations such as categories, themes and short urls are used effectively
- Undertaking regular monitoring and reviews of web and other relevant digital channels to ensure they are on brand, appropriate and legally compliant
- Overseeing the implementation of SEO and producing regular management reports on web performance metrics, traffic and user journey changes to establish trends
- Developing and implementing an annual web development web development roadmap to lead to bespoke changes to the platform, ensuring a product team is pulled together to scope front end and back end considerations
- Auditing, reviewing, writing and publishing processes and policies relating to web publishing and content development, including a web style guide, approval and compliance processes, and to map out the web structure and subsequent information flows required
- Providing regular reports on site developments and effectiveness
- Ensuring metrics are constantly used in considering changes to the website
To apply for this position, please forward an updated version of your CV to quoting reference: .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion