Human Resources Business Partner - City, London, United Kingdom,
- 2IC to the Head of HR, you will be providing business partnering to either the Finance or the Administrative management team on all people issues enabling them to deliver company strategy. Providing strategic direction and insight on all people issues.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers, with the ability to challenge their thinking, coach, advise and work closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their current and future business needs.
- Provide HR support to the employees based overseas.
- To support the Head of HR on the planning and implementation of key HR projects as required.
- To monitor the quality of HR service in relation to HR cases, taking effective action when improvements are required.
- To be pragmatic in understanding the priority and importance of people management issues.
- To drive the understanding and application of consistent and fair people processes.
- To understand the business inside and out to be able to contribute effectively to management and strategic thinking.
- Ensure the HR policy, procedures and practices of the business comply fully with legal and regulatory requirements
- To lead on complex HR cases (for example investigations, disciplinary hearings, grievances, absence management, performance management / improvement).
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience of advising managers on a wide range of HR issues.
- The ability to use own initiative and judgement in resolving complex HR problems or queries.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage a varied workload.
- Excellent customer service skills i.e. demonstrate professional behaviour, respond appropriately in a timely manner and strive to meet or exceed expectations.
- A confident understanding of UK employment law legislation.
- Experience with the design and implementation of Training and Development Programmes
- Proven ability to lead on complex HR cases.
- Demonstrable proactive approach to work.
- Display a passion for excellence and the role HR can play in improving services.
- Robust communication skills.
- International experience is desirable.
- Learning and Development experience is desirable.
The HR department is going through a period of transformational change. Upon joining, it is important for the successful candidate to be able to hit the ground running. This is a 1 year contract and likely to extend beyond this initial period/become permanent.