Human Resources Business Partner - Watford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom,
Business Area: Human Resources
Reporting To: Head of HR
Hours: 37.5 per week
Office / Project Location: Watford and Central London (as in when required)
Please note this is 3 months FTC; which could lead to a permanent position once the structure has been decided.
Working with the Head of Human Resources, provide a proactive HRBP support in support of the People strategy. Build effective relationships with key stakeholders across geographical regions to include account leadership teams, HR shared services team, the outsourced payroll partner and employment benefit providers.
Line Manager support:
- Review HR processes and documentation and identify ways to further streamline and ensure effective management of new starters and leavers
- Conduct appropriate vetting for employees
- Respond to queries from the different account teams
- Assist to deliver line manager and staff training
- Support Senior HRBP appropriately in the delivery of the People strategy
Immediate Special Projects:
- Employment benefit audit across Europe employment contracts to harmonise contractual terms
- Manage implementation of new induction across Europe and UK
- Design engaging new employment offer documentation pack for appointments in Europe
- Create and update "international" employee handbook in accordance with Company and employment legislation changes
- Manage the new Employee Awards programme
Payroll and Benefits Management:
- Liaise with payroll provider (ADP) to understand requirements for setting up new payrolls across Europe.
- Monthly involvement in the sign off of the European and UK payroll
- Build relationships with Finance, shared service payroll teams and existing local payroll accountants.
- Sourcing and reviewing Europe employment benefits to ensure the right correct benefits are being offered which are also competitive
- Keep employment data updated
- Prepare occupational health referrals at the request of line managers
- Liaise with project coordinators to schedule occupational health referrals
- Support line managers in proactively managing employee health and well-being
- Coach and support first line managers in proactively managing their teams.
- Draft appropriate documentation for employment relations case management, to include: guidance notes for disciplinary or grievance meetings, disciplinary outcome letters for "minor" misconduct cases, sickness absence management
- Participate in disciplinary or grievance meetings by taking meeting notes, and advising on "minor" misconduct case management
- Manage the Tupe process to include coordinating due diligence information and conducting Tupe consultation meetings.
- Respond to queries relating to employment terms and conditions of team members in scope to transfer
- Prepare all transfer documentation Tupe transfers
- Liaise with shared service HR and Finance teams and new employer HR departments regarding
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of UK Employment Law
- Knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to employment practices across Europe
- Full CIPD membership
Competencies / Behaviours:
- Discreet & trustworthy
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Previous experience in a fast- paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work in an environment where policies and procedures still need to be developed for new territories; so coping with ambiguity and being able to use initiative appropriately.
- Experience of employment relations case management; Tupe, grievances, redundancies
- Demonstrate experience in supporting managers in HR projects.
- Exposure to supporting teams across multiple locations and geographies
- Experience in Tupe