Human Resources Business Partner - City, London, United Kingdom,
Please note this is a temp/contract role via a LTD or PAYE umbrella
The HR Business Partner is a member of the leadership team for the UK / Europe region. Working closely with Operational leaders, will translate business goals into prioritised HR requirements, providing insights and input into development of business strategy and plans.
- Act as a Business Partner to client groups and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans, ensuring the efficient delivery of HR services within your allocated business areas;
- Work with Operations Directors and their leadership teams to support change management, including OD, Risk Analysis, Implementation and Communication Plans;
- Drive a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings;
- Support your business areas with workforce planning and strategic resource management;
- Build the capability of the leadership teams to handle situations rather than manage issues for them;
- Work closely with the recruitment function to facilitate recruitment requirements for your business areas;
- Maintain a strong focus on performance management, ER, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits;
- Support your business areas in applying Company Policies including (but not limited to) disciplinary, attendance, grievance, discrimination and harassment.
- Support the delivery of, and contribute to the content of appropriate training and development programmes, working closely with the Talent & Development team;
- Work closely with the HR Services team & other specialist HR functions to facilitate people requirements for a largely diverse business area, comprising employees from first and second generation Tupe, on varying terms and conditions including differing work patterns, benefits entitlements and payment types.
- Act as People lead for new client mobilisations, which involves drafting the people mobilisation plan, and ensuring the delivery of the plan, to include the Tupe / ARD transfer of employees across the UK and Europe, up to and including successful onboarding.
- Support the business development team in the bid development process for tender submissions
- Work on HR Projects in all business areas, as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required in the role.
Line management duties:
Technical knowledge and skills:
(e.g. knowledge of relevant legislation, use of specific software)
- Change Management & OD skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to prioritise & manage multiple stakeholders
- Able to access International Employment Law and apply it across the different organisational contexts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Tupe experience
- International experience, particularly across Europe
- Knowledge & use of Human Capital Management system, such as Oracle
- Full or working towards membership of CIPD
Competencies / Behaviours:
(e.g. communication, influencing, change management)
- Discreet & trustworthy
- Able to manage change
- Team player
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Consultative approach
- Demonstrable experience of change management
- Experience of working with senior and sometimes challenging stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex HR projects.
- Experience mobilising and demobilising employees country to country
- Previous experience in a Business Partner / Generalist role
- Experience of working in a multi-site project based environment
- Experience of working in a profit driven environment
- Experience of supporting business areas based outside of the UK, preferably in Europe