IS Procurement Manager Interim - City, London, United Kingdom,
Global Procurement is accountable for the Procurement of Supply, Marketing and Indirect categories with an annual value of circa £5.3bn. In support of both this organisation and Supply Chain & Procurement organisations' ambition to be the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company and supply chain in the world, the emerging vision of Procurement is to be the "an essential business partner driving value and fuelling growth everyday, everywhere".
The IS Procurement Manager is accountable for the strategic sourcing and performance delivery of all categories (Software, Infrastructure, Networks, Applications and Mobile) within Global IS. The role leads a team of 5 people based in different geographical locations.
The role reports to the Global Head of Indirects Procurement
- The Procurement function provides a professional service to every business function within Diageo
- Indirects Procurement has typically been set a challenging cost reduction target of 10% pa and this role is critical to track IS Procurement's performance, savings delivered and future pipeline to maintain or exceed this delivery
- The role is expected to manage the category like a business within Diageo
- The role is directly responsible for the delivery of category strategy and planning components of the sourcing cycle, and, for the relationships owned by them on behalf of the Procurement function
- The role will need to continue to develop the IS Procurement teams' capabilities
- The role should ensure the team follow the Procurement Sourcing and Category Management guidelines
- Strong academic credentials, preferably at degree level
- Likely to have led a procurement function in an international environment
- A minimum of ten years Procurement experience, with a good knowledge of IT
- An individual with the broad business acumen to interact with management at a senior level is critical.
- Leadership and adequate challenge will be critical, however the personal style and maturity with which it will be carried out will be fundamental to the success of the job holder.
- Strong knowledge of Best-in-Class Procurement practices and ways of working will be key.
This is an interim role so please do not wait to apply or email me directly at
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.