IT Programme Manager - Chester, Cheshire, United Kingdom,
Our client is seeking an ICT Programme Manager on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £23.86 Per Hour PAYE.
To direct and co-ordinate, the prioritisation, resource planning, change management implementation and maintenance of information and communications technology (ICT) policies, initiatives and services, for the Council in accordance with the Corporate Plan, ICT strategy and investment programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop, support and lead teams made up of a mixed disciplined team of professional staff and contractors in the research, design, construction, delivery, training and maintenance of ICT policies, products and services across a diverse geographical area for Members, office-based staff, all schools and other external clients and partners to achieve the objectives of the ICT strategy and investment programme.
- Co-ordinate, control, maintain, and monitor macro-level schedules, plans, programmes, and budgets for multiple work strands over short medium and long term, and make proposals for remedial actions at a strategic level to ensure performance is maintained and to facilitate strategic planning.
- Manage the specification of financial and human resource requirements and skill types, the commissioning of work and liaising with client managers as well as other key stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive understanding of business requirements, issues and contracts to secure the efficient delivery of all ICT projects, products and services in accordance with appropriate policies and standards.
- Design, develop, support and monitor the application of a diverse range of technical and business standards and policies including selection and tailoring of techniques and contributing to local working practices, by agreeing on priorities, and monitoring performance in support of the Corporate and Departmental objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in delivering large programmes of work within the Local Authority.
- Work within Architecture Services and Line of Business Application
- Previous experience in working on projects related to the GIS, Planning & Regeneration Portfolio.
- Substantial experience of working in partnership with a complex stakeholder group drawn from across the private, public and social enterprise sectors
- Proven experience of using project management principles to build and lead a project team that will involve working in partnership with other organisations
- Excellent networking and partnership skills - able to influence and negotiate outcomes, work collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals, nurture new working relationships and partnerships.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.