IT Services Director - City, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom,
IT Services Director
A largescale multinational requires an interim IT Services Director to jointly lead a centralised IT function, supporting the business through a significant period of business change. Reporting directly to the CIO, you will take ownership of the definition, management and continuous improvement of a broad IT operations function, providing services and support spanning infrastructure, EUC, applications, security etc. You will be joining at an exciting time for this IT function, which has been on a significant insourcing journey, expanding and strengthening their IT shared service operations with reduced 3rd party dependency. You will find a fantastic culture in this dept of 100+ heads, who will require an affirming pair of hands through the upcoming period of significant business change.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- leading the IT Service function in providing a broad range of IT Services; Shared Services to all regions and Enterprise Services
- Motivate, manage and inspire a great team of individuals, providing stability and reassurance through a period of significant business change
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and ensuring that security policies are implemented and risks managed appropriately.
- Strategy and planning as part of the CIO leadership team, delivering strategic outcomes
- Uphold service excellence, ensuring that SLA's are met and value for money is demonstrated.
- Continue the strategic broadening and strengthening of the functions service capabilities and offerings (insourcing).
- Ensure smooth service transition for new and changed services
- Build strong relationships across the international business regions senior stakeholders, conducting service reviews and working to improve service models and exceed expectations
- Manage key 3rd party suppliers within the Service Integration and Management model, ensuring contractual SLA's are met, and building strategically and commercially beneficial relationships.
- Drive the Continuous Improvement of ITIL based processes and procedures, to achieve efficient, reliable IT services
- Manage significant budgets in a complex commercial model which includes a wide range of different Service Models (to business regions) and 3rd party partners both on and offshore
Suitable applications will have prior demonstrable experience of;
- Managing comparable teams/functions of c100 heads at Director level, in largescale geographically dispersed (ideally multinational) organisations
- IT Service strategy and management in complex matrix organisations, with varying technology landscapes, Service Models and business operations.
- Extensive experience of designing and improving ITIL based operational processes
- Change management skills in complex stakeholder environments, supporting major business transformation and change
- Partnering with 3rd party suppliers and vendors to achieve commercially beneficial outcomes
- Managing large budgets in complex IT Services functions
- Compliance and Information Security in comparable organisations
- Leading large teams, developing and upholding a positive culture.
.........And the many other skills and attributes to succeed in this challenging role (Full Job Description available).
Position based in the Newcastle area, with regular travel to London, regional international locations.
Initial 6-month contract with high likelihood of extension
Paying up £900 per day.