Innovation Consultants - Logistics and Data Analysis for Last Mile Logistics/Shipping - Central London and Work from Home
Over the years, our client has built many successful businesses based off what is considered “traditional” data, being the credit and legal data of individuals and businesses. In the last decade, there has been an explosion of new types of business / consumer data made available via emerging and adjacent types of business (e-retailers, social media platforms, mobile apps, mobile phones, etc, etc, etc..!). Their world is now being flooded by “alternative” data.
They have specialist teams whose role is to provide the organisation with a single-minded innovation focus on the rapid development of new concepts, value propositions, and partnerships which contribute to the access and development of non-traditional data assets and business models. As an innovation centre, the team will learn, prototype and iterate new value propositions and models for others to exploit. There is a large focus on data and technology partnerships & product development that combine to create new products and services.
Supporting a global data initiative to help them with building global / regional partnerships with identified partners in the last mile logistics / shipping sector. This will require the role holder to share their insights / deep knowledge about the sector’s opportunities, pain points and challenges and link this to the client's objectives to enhance our business / consumer data assets.
In addition to coaching the team on the logistics sector and to help in developing new data value propositions, the role holder will be expected to lead initial conversations with identified partners and create inroads for them in this new sector. The role holder will be supported by the rest of the specialist team.
- Role holder will be a coach and connector to the Logistics sector able to introduce to relevant senior execs with a regional / global perspective
- Assignment length: 4 to 8 weeks, could be extended
- Creative, sharp professional with good interpersonal and critical thinking skills to work within the specialist team and with senior stakeholders globally
The ideal candidate will have:
- Long standing logistics sector experience
- Well-connected and respected within the industry across a number of Tier 1 / Tier 2 providers specifically in the US, UK or Brazil region
- Demonstrable experience of using data and analytics to deliver product innovations in the logistics sector
- Experience in developing successful strategic partnerships, with an ability to create valued relationships with new prospective partners.
- Ability to communicate complex, detailed concepts into strategic, meaningful propositions (i.e. bringing out the “so what”) to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working with different countries and regions with a strong sensitivity to local cultures.
- Have an ear to the ground about marketplace and industry trends, developments, potential disruptions and be able to translate these into opportunities
- High levels of comfort working with high levels of ambiguity and change, and the ability to adapt.
High levels of energy, enthusiasm and integrity and be a self-starter
Send your CV tor firstname.lastname@example.orgTo apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy