Interim Europe FPS Specialist Delivery Lead (UK Government) - Inside I - City, London, United Kingdom,
Europe FPS Specialist Delivery Lead, Central Government
This is an exciting time to work with an organisation at the heart of the UK's relationship with the global economy.
Their role is to promote UK trade globally by supporting businesses to take advantage of the appetite for British goods and services around the world, attracting foreign investment to our shores, and helping international companies collaborate with UK suppliers.
Since their creation 3 years ago, they have established teams in 108 countries whose ground-breaking work supports businesses across the entire United Kingdom and has already made a significant impact to the UK economy.
The role is part time (3 - 4 days per week), requiring a specialist with extensive knowledge of both FinTech and InsurTech industries across Europe.
Key priorities for the role:
- Co-ordinate FS activity and strategy across Europe, identifying key markets and sub sectors on which to focus in order to deliver export wins and inward investment projects to the UK
- Support the targeted expansion of UK FS firms into priority markets, matching UK supply with overseas demand
- Lead virtual teams involving industry, private sector specialists (within the FPS team) and overseas DIT colleagues to:
- Proactively seek to add to the trade (export) pipeline and support global trade campaigns for through business wins/contracts secured by UK firms
- Support the FPS Team's global inward investment strategy and delivery of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) projects for specific markets. This entails helping to identify priorities, nuanced market strategies, oversee project delivery and pipeline management.
- Liaise closely with the European network (Overseas Posts) to enable effective delivery of objectives and communicate FPS team's priorities
To act as DIT's principal lead for the delivery and development of FS strategy in Europe, working across industry and Whitehall to increase bi-lateral trade flows, link ecosystems and manage key relationships with government, industry and regulators.
- Work with the leads of the sub-sector branches in the FPS team to explore, develop and deliver a revised and focused strategy for Europe, the objective being to increase bi-lateral trade flows with European markets. It is anticipated that insurtech and FinTech are key sub-sectors
- Work to scope opportunities within these sub-sectors and work to shape campaigns to deliver on these, including promotion of the UK where relevant, and maintaining existing trade and investment relationships
- Design and deliver (e.g.) key events, missions and roundtables to promote FS in Europe, bearing in mind the sensitivities of EU Exit and ongoing policy work across HMG
- Provide strategic advice to Ministers, including key lines to take on Europe, and potential accompaniment to key events and meetings
- Seek potential collaboration with City of London Corporation and their Global Exports and Investment team to investigate the possibility of a partnership or programme with them to further this work
- Work and support HMT with the development of the Global Financial Partnership with Switzerland