Interim Head of Shared Services - Kent, United Kingdom,
As Head of Shared Services you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the service centre, providing dynamic leadership and overseeing the process control framework.
FTSE 100 business services organisation based in mid Kent.
The Head of Shared Services is a key role that oversees the day to day operations of the SSC, as well as providing dynamic leadership.
The duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Managing a team of c. 35 including 6 direct reports and the BPO
- Overseeing the monthly close across the range of processes, ensuring timely production of all monthly financial output
- Working closely with the BPO Engagement Manager to resolve any SLA breaches and escalated issues
- Ensuring that the balance sheets are an accurate reflection of all assets and liabilities in the Group and all key account reconciliations are performed
- Leading the monthly preparation and review of performance dashboards and resolve any areas of underperformance
- Ensuring all statutory and regulatory deadlines are met
- Playing an active role in driving change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance, highlighting any process or control improvement opportunities
My client is looking for a fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) with significant Shared Services experience. You must have a strong understanding of processes and their role in driving operational excellence within a SSC environment.
You must be an experienced people manager who is able to lead and develop a high performing team.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to cover a period of maternity and so you should be available to start this role at the beginning of March at the latest.
Up to £90,000 dependent on experience