Interim IT / Technology Procurement Manager - London, United Kingdom,
- Leading independent oil & gas exploration and production company
- Working on major change initiatives
- A mature and high performing procurement function
About the Role:
- Take ownership of allocated categories of IT hardware, networks, telecommunications and infrastructure spend, develop and implement category strategies,
- Lead the commercial and contractual interaction with suppliers, particularly those of computer, infrastructure and storage equipment and services.
- Manage the sourcing process; development of pre tender and tender documentation in conjunction with Contract Holder/s, Pre-Qualification, Request for Information (RFI), Invitation to Tender (ITT) and Recommendation to Award (RTA).
- Manage operational procurement (P2P) activities in SAP and associated document administration duties.
- Make contract amendments as necessary, deal with all aspects of variations to contracts.
- In conjunction with Contract Holders manage Contract Performance and Supplier Relationships.
- Work co-operatively in delivering continuous improvement, streamlining processes, minimising risk and maximising value for the company.
- Raise the profile of C&P within customer function, promoting C&P principles and influencing policy where appropriate.
What we're looking for:
- Significant IT and technology procurement and sourcing gained with a large organisation
- Research skills (including desktop research skills and access to market commentators) to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities / category areas.
- Analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential C&P techniques such as (TCO) Total Cost of Ownership, financial analysis and pricing models and to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Presentation skills to create interest, discussion and support on specific subjects with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers
About the Offer:
£500 per day, 9 month contract
Aaron Beesley, Consultant