Interim band 7 Finance Managers - Surrey, United Kingdom,
Allen Lane are currently supporting a couple of NHS Organisations in the Surrey and Sussex areas with their recruitment for interim band 7 Finance Managers. Due to an increased workload, both organisations are looking for experienced Finance Managers to help manage this workload and get themselves ready for financial year-end.
These roles will look after the following:
- Financial Management of CHC budget areas, providing advice and support to budget holders and ensuring the financial ledger accurately reflects the financial position; compile information and complete forecast year end positions and assumptions
- Preparation of the monthly budget statement
- Work closely with budget holders to inform budget setting and provide financial advice and support throughout the year. This will involve forecasting the year end positions and advising Directors on financial issues, plus providing strategic financial and business planning advice
- Maintain budget working papers, reconciling any in year budget changes including establishment control. Communication with budget holders and reconciliation to the General Ledger
- Supporting budget holders with financial expertise and advice on business cases and costing of new areas of business
- Assist with external financial reporting for the CCG including the preparation of the annual accounts, NHSE returns etc
There will also be aspects of team management which varies between the two positions.
The ideal candidate will come from an NHS Finance background and be a part-qualified Accountant (as minimum). You will have experience in budget setting and forescasting, and have experience supporting senior stakeholders. Rates on offer are between £200-230 per day inside of IR35 and this role will last for 4-6 months.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has operated at band 7 level before to build on this experience within two changing organisations and to work alongside and learn from some exceptional colleagues.