Internal Communications Manager - Consulting, Clients and Industries, - London, United Kingdom,
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Internal Communications for Deloitte's UK and North and South Europe (NSE) Consulting business. This role offers varied challenges with a real opportunity to make a difference, working closely with both UK and NSE Consulting leaders, advising them and their leadership teams, and engaging colleagues at all levels. The Consulting business is market leading, with over 5,000 people in the UK and over 10,000 people across NSE (comprising ten Northwest European countries and Italy, Greece, and Malta), and revenues in excess of £1 billion.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break? For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The role advises and supports the Consulting leaders and respective leadership teams, partnering with key stakeholders to plan, develop and deliver engaging communications across Deloitte in the UK and in North South Europe. Reporting into the Senior Communications Manager for NSE, the successful candidate will work closely with the central NSE communications team, as well as the UK Brand & Engagement team and peers in other businesses, to ensure consulting communications channels, processes and messages are consistent with, and contribute to, firmwide communications and our 2020 strategy and purpose.
- Develop and deliver an internal communications strategy to support the consulting business leadership and to feed into firmwide communications and our 2020 strategy.
- Advise both UK and NSE consulting leaders on their communications agendas including key messages, tone of voice and channels.
- Own, manage, produce, review and edit all regular consulting communications (including newsletters, intranet content, posters, Yammer updates).
- Adapt and contextualise firmwide campaigns and messages for consulting audiences.
- Work closely with other clients and markets colleagues, especially the consulting marketing team and PR colleagues.
- Stay close to the 'pulse' from the consulting practice - through strong relationships and both qualitative and quantitative feedback and measurement techniques, have a clear view of what is working well and areas that need further improvement.
- Feed consulting updates (client stories, key successes, talent initiatives etc.) into firmwide communications, working closely with the NSE communications team and UK Brand & Engagement team.
- Push back on local communications proliferation (e.g. non approved large distribution newsletters or emails).
- Bring new ideas to the table, push the boundaries of existing communications best practice and deliver new and highly effective communications.
- Be an active member of the firm's wider Internal Communications network (central team and peers in Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory and Tax), working closely with them to deliver firmwide messages through appropriate local channels and share best practice and knowledge.
- Quality, risk and reputation: manage and uphold the highest of standards throughout, consistently meeting the firm's standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Work pattern: Fixed-term full-time, 12 months. Agile working is welcome in line with Deloitte policies.
Your professional experience
- Extensive and proven track record in developing and delivering effective and engaging internal communications in a large/matrix organisation, preferably in a communications business partner or closely related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, with a keen eye for detail, able to understand differences in leadership style/voice and adapt as required.
- Strong understanding of tone of voice and a natural journalistic/storytelling style.
- Ability to quickly understand our business and what makes our people tick, and to produce engaging, inspiring communications to support.
- Sound judgement and the ability to translate firmwide communication principles to specific parts of an organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build solid relationships and gain credibility with senior stakeholders, influencing them.
- Resilience, confidence to stand firm and say no when needed, while remaining diplomatic and consensus-driven.
- Strategic thinker with excellent project management and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure and deliver against challenging deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Great team player, with the ability to drive his/her own agenda.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal
Requisition code: 165183