Learning & Development Business Partner (6 months FTC) - Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom,
A job with Merlin isn't like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don't trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests' experiences are the best they can be.
Our passion is putting smiles on people's faces across all of our global attractions. Our employees are at the heart of providing a fantastic customer experience and we invest considerably in our colleagues learning and development to help them achieve this.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced L&D Business Partner on a 6 month fixed term basis (from Sept 2019 - March 2020) for our Global Midway division; ideally based in Poole or the South of the UK.
Reporting to the Group Learning & Development Director, the L&D Business Partner will collaborate with the Midway operating group leadership team, HR and L&D community to set, drive and deliver the talent, learning and development strategy for the Midway Operating Group on a global scale. You will be responsible for
- Driving progress to ensure the Midway Development Standards are in place and are delivered across the Midway operating group by setting out minimum standards for learning for each role and brand.
- Developing and executing learning solutions that support performance and execution against the Midway business plan.
- Driving talent plans which meet the current and emerging needs of the Midway attractions.
- Supporting the collaboration within the global Midway L&D community and encourage sustainable delivery methods which maximise economies of scale.
We are looking for the following skills and experience
- Good business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Clear understanding and experience of executing each stage of the learning cycle on a multi-regional level.
- Global learning and/or talent experience, having to develop and execute such strategies across different languages and cultures.
- Strong experience of working with organisational development strategies, with a focus on developing learning content.
- Excellent developer of relationships to be able to shape and deliver strategic people priorities.
- Excellent communicator who has a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and HR colleagues.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and engaging way.
- Ability to manage against objectives and schedules, and plan to deliver against the big picture direction for the business.
- Strong team building, group facilitation, process improvement, and project management skills.
- Proven track record of working in customer facing, commercial environment within a HR role ideally within a multinational business.
Great people, great perks! Alongside a fun and collaborative environment, with a competitive salary, you can enjoy our amazing benefits package, including a discretionary company bonus and of course a Merlin Magic Pass, which entitles you and your family and friends free admission to all our attractions worldwide.
Merlin Entertainments are supportive of flexible working and we are an equal opportunities employer.