M-ERP Finance Business Partner - Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom,
M-ERP Finance Business Partner
GSK House, Brentford
9-10 Month Contract
Pay: up to £475 per day
Your CV/application MUST clearly show where and what you have delivered to an organisation in terms of business partnering, your accountabilities and must showcase examples demonstrating use of soft skills. Adding an opening paragraph summarising these examples will assist your application, as this role has potential to become a longer term contract/
GSK's global ERP Programme is one of the world's largest SAP deployments. The programme is about more than just implementing an IT system, it is a truly global process transformation that is essential to GSK's success that is visible to the Group CFO and the City.
The objective of the Programme is to deliver standard financial, commercial and manufacturing processes on a common Systems Applications & Products (SAP) software platform for around 80% of the GSK organisation over a 5-7 year period. This is a key enabler for other strategic initiatives aimed at simplifying our operating model and standardising our approach on a global scale, such as the implementation of a Global Financial Services strategy and European Transformation project.
This role is the finance lead for the Manufacturing ERP (M-ERP) programme and is highly visible amongst senior stakeholders, both operationally and from a financial perspective. This role needs to operate in a commercial and financial environment, to help improve deployment efficiency, deliver financial savings and commercial thinking, forecast project outturns as well as ensuring accounting principles are adhered to
- Provide close financial scrutiny of costs and benefits and rigorous review to ensure benefits are realized as rapidly as possible.
- Business partner delivery directors and managers with new project proposals, translating and challenging concepts into robust business cases.
- Business partner the leadership team and procurement to drive the commercial savings agenda, identifying opportunities and leading projects from concept to tracked benefit delivery.
- Act as funding gatekeeper for all projects and participate in steering/governance meetings supporting Finance and IT VPs and SVPs in funding decision making.
- Act as Programme cost controller against budget, financial governance, and policy compliance.
- Identify, define, plan and manage the realization and measurement of Programme benefits to ensure effective monitoring of benefit realization.
- Coordinate the other business partners to track financial progress including maintenance of the costs to complete (spend outlook).
- Periodically monitor and enhance business case.
- Provide management with clear, concise and meaningful reporting and analysis; communicate appropriate explanation for exceptions and variances. Own the interface with Global Support Functions (GSF) for all reporting and plan submissions.
- Participate in special projects as required by senior level management
- This position has a high degree of complexity due to the need to work with and influence various senior level managers and other related staff in multiple countries.
- This position will require decisions and recommendations to be made based on both rigorous analysis and intuition as benchmarks and analogues will not always be available to work from.
- Keen understanding or hunger to learn Information Technology with a focus on the way it can be utilized to support efficient and effective business processes.
- Deep understanding of the principles of financial and project management including; sophisticated analytical techniques, cost/benefit analysis, CFROI and NPV analysis, return on investment, and resource allocation modelling
- Evaluate and deliver support/changes to the programme to maximise GSK getting value for money from its global investment
- Recommendation on finance processes to be used by the Programme
- Clear/concise communications on financial related topics
- Presentations to management to update on progress/guide decision making
- Raise financial risks/issues and ensure resolution
- Manage £750m of program costs across multiple markets and drive initiatives to increase cost effectiveness
- Qualified to degree level. Must hold recognised finance qualification (MBA or ACCA/ACMA preferred - must be qualified +5yr
- Proven track record in managing multiple stakeholders, leading a high performing team and delivering change across a complex area
- Experience working on projects/change management programmes
- Demonstrated capability to be able to operate in a commercial role, working closely with operational teams and delivering impacts to the bottom line. Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to communicate vision & objectives to a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability to interpret financial results, within the commercial context to explain performance and all correctional activities needed.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with commercial/operational teams to drive value making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse, multi-national team at various management levels.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with Senior Management required (presentation, communication and influencing).
Additional information about the process
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.