Marketing and Insight Manager, Financial Advisory Clients & Industries - City, London, United Kingdom,
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with a broad mix of marketing and insight, business development and senior stakeholder skills.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more.
This role will require a broad range of strategic marketing and insight responsibilities, including:
- FA has identified c.130 priority accounts and is implementing a relationship development-led strategy to secure a significant proportion of its revenue from these clients. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering cross-BU marketing campaigns to these clients in support of the strategy.
- The remit of the role will focus around providing marketing and insight support to a number of cross-FA propositions: Navigating Distress, Economic Crime and co-working with another marketing manager on Value Creation Services (VCS)
- Executing campaigns across FA which are tailored for delivery to our target audiences.
- Working closely with FA Partners, industry leads and business unit leads to agree their marketing strategies - a degree of constructive and credible challenge will be needed here. Acting as a trusted advisor and business partner to FA business units, providing best practice marketing advice or providing a link to firmwide Clients & Industries assets and/or specialisms.
- Developing a network across the firm, particularly with other service lines, in order to provide a truly cross-firm collaborative response to FA go to market themes and propositions.
- Quantifying the impact of programmes (via measures such as focus account penetration, enhancement of relationships, meetings held, attributable revenues)
- The managers will be responsible for using their knowledge of the firm and its processes in order to establish a consistently 'best in class' standard of delivery. In so doing, they will lead resources from across firmwide Clients and Industries, the Campaign Management Team and the Extended Delivery Centre (EDC) in India. They will also take line management responsibility for the junior marketing resource in the team.
- Navigating Distress, Economic Crime and VCS are multi-service propositions being led out of FA. The Marketing Manager will need to understand the detail and progress of this proposition and its potential leverage across the firm.
- Developing marketing and insight programmes for the propositions, that (i) contributes to and harmonises with any existing Global/NSE/firmwide messaging; (ii) creates proactive/positive positioning around the Navigating Distress/Economic Crime propositions as opposed to 'ambulance chasing'; (iii) shows, rather than tells, how FA specialisms can be mobilised.
The FA propositions already have a number of assets that will continue to be delivered during FY20, these include:
A firmwide Crisis and Resilience initiative that draws on RA, Consulting, Tax, and the Navigating Distress/Economic Crime propositions;
Supporting insight formed around high-growth areas of the propositions - for example, providing content development, guidance and launch support to the production of proposition collateral and insight, and ensuring it is launched with maximum impact.
- Building relationships across FA and the rest of the firm to identify relevant connections to each proposition; considering how to engage internally on each.
- Agreeing and developing a research/eminence agenda for the propositions.
- Building relationships with other FA marketing teams worldwide to understand what content is already being produced, and how it could be repurposed for our audiences - conversely ensuring what we produce is made available to other member firms
- Ensuring that the best of the firm is offered to our proposition client audiences, by building awareness of what's available and improving access to them (this may demand a degree of content tailoring).
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Work pattern: This is a 12 months long fixed term contract opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships with senior stakeholders and act as a 'trusted business adviser'
- Understand how to influence and negotiate effectively, particularly where agendas may conflict
- Creative and commercial thinker
- Demonstrated capabilities in planning, producing, and executing strategic client-focused marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Client centricity in everything you do
- Confident in presenting original thought, recommendations and points of view to senior leaders, both written and verbally
- Comfortable to challenge the status quo
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Senior stakeholder influence and upwards management
- Ability to manage a team (both direct reports and virtual resources such as specialists from the wider Clients and Markets team)
- An ability to think strategically and so develop campaigns which align to the new strategy
- Effective networking across the firm and the Clients and Industries central team
- Initiative and ability to connect different areas of FA and the firm to maximise impact
- Industry and market knowledge for credible challenge
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 169876