Operational Estates Manager (EBME) - Yorkshire, United Kingdom,
- Undertake risk assessments and along with the Estates Manager for Compliance and Safety contribute to the departmental risk register;
- Contribute to the Estates programme in line with role and ensure Estates Code compliance
- In conjunction with the Estates Services set priorities for expenditure of revenue and capital monies;
- Plan, set-up and monitor the execution of minor new works (in-house or contract) on properties and contracts owned and serviced by the organisation;
- Act as Authorised Person/Nominated Estates Officer in relation to specific maintenance responsibilities;
- Alongside the Estates Team, Performance and Contracts to prepare information for tendering, including meeting with multidisciplinary teams and service users to ensure details of work meet contract requirements, organising and supervising maintenance contract works, in accordance with the organisations standing financial instructions and any other procedures prescribed by the directorate;
- Ensure that Plant and equipment is regularly serviced, maintained and managed in accordance with departmental procedure;
- Ensure that the Building Energy Management solutions within the organisation operates at maximum levels of efficiency and economy;
- Working alongside others to ensure the relevant systems (e.g. heating, ventilation, air conditioning etc.) are monitored and therefore are utilised at an optimal level balancing conditions, energy usage and operating requirements.
- B(Eng.) Engineering in relevant discipline or equivalent + Specialist engineering knowledge acquired through post graduate courses and professional experience to master's level;
- Ideally a Member of relevant Chartered Institution (e.g. IEE, CIBSE);
- Minimum 4 years post professional qualification experience at a managerial level within Estates. Demonstrate significant experience over a diverse range of Operational Estates, Engineering and Building systems with a proven track record.