PMO - Governance - Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom,
- Hook, RG27 9UP
- During the contract the office location will be Green Park, Reading, RG2
£310 per day
Monday to Friday
Until 13th December 2019 for furlough (potentially ongoing contract into 2020)
Reports to Portfolio Delivery Manager, working closely with Portfolio and Programme Directors, Programme and Project Managers to provide project management methodology guidance focusing on governance and reporting in order to ensure project / programme delivery to cost, time, and quality and risk constraints.
- Reports to Portfolio Delivery Manager, working closely with Portfolio and Programme Directors, Programme and Project Managers to ensure the effective delivery of projects and programmes across the UK Delivery Enablers portfolio with particular respect to budget and resource management; challenges as appropriate
- Monitors programme performance confirming status and ensuring budget and resources are used appropriately; challenges and initiates corrective action as required.
- Defines and delivers simple reporting of complex financials on projects and programmes.
- Ensures quality assurance and change control, e.g. quality checking of project related documentation for governance and feedback purposes. Ensures all relevant governance is adhered to and reports thereon.
- Supports project and programme communications to teams and wider key stakeholders.
- Works closely with UK Delivery PMO team and provides support activity when prioritisation needed
Desirable Experience and personal attributes
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of project / programme management techniques and methodology.
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management Advanced ability to manage uncertainty and understand the impact of this on portfolio/project; proactive and forward-looking.
- Understanding of business drivers and complex organisational designs and structures, and how this relates to the portfolio being managed effectively.
- Will have P30/Prince2 or equivalent industry qualification
Telephone interview and face to face interview