Packaging Candidates Required! All levels. - Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom,
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Solero, Cornetto and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST for Foods & Beverages, based at Colworth Research and Development Site in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire (MK44) just 40 minute drive from Milton Keynes.
This is a full-time temporary role to run for 6 months, working 37.5 hours per week. The role will be paying up to £36,000 per annum, pro rata and dependant on experience.
Working in a Project team who deal with projects that run for approx. 1 month period.
The Job Holder is a Technologist who will work in a project team, under guidance of an experienced Packaging Developer.
The JH is accountable for the following tasks:
- Take part in project team meetings at which R&D packaging workplans are clarified and results presented;
- Assessing packaging for transit covering, compression, degradation, vibration, infusion combustion and most of the recyclability of the packaging.
- Review packaging specifications in Unilever specifications software;
- Interface with Unilever and third-party contacts on packaging material and process issues;
- Organise and complete laboratory sample testing, including packaging material ordering and storage;
- Organize and run packaging prototype sessions if required;
- Update progress in project team meetings;
Candidates should have
- A degree/diploma in a technical discipline, preferably food-related, and demonstrate basic technical knowledge of packaging, process, quality, hygiene;
- Work experience in Food & Beverages is highly desirable;
- Good team working and communication skills (in English), including remote working with partners for whom English is not their first-language;
- A positive approach to a new role, with an independent and structured approach to managing their project work;
- Competent with Microsoft Office software and - with training - able to upskill quickly on core Unilever software systems.