People Solutions Manager, Human Resources, 12 month FTC - London, United Kingdom,
An exciting opportunity to work within the People Solutions (PS) Team at the heart of HR. PS is a high performing team where traditional HR skills and experience are valued and augmented with consultancy skillsets to create a project-based professional service across the UK. The format is designed to encourage you to play to your strengths and provide you with the opportunity to manage and deliver high quality strategic and calendar HR projects across the HR spectrum. HR expertise with project management capability, delivering people and organisational goals.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Provide efficient and effective delivery of people-related projects and firm wide HR initiatives across Deloitte UK. Focus on client delivery and manage expectations to ensure high quality outcomes, whilst being mindful of the customer journey.
We are looking for enterprising HR professionals to define, plan, manage and deliver these projects in line with the Deloitte framework. The successful candidate would also be required to drive application of the governance across the projects and provide continuous improvement where appropriate.
The successful candidate is expected to exhibit accurate and confident decision making and team leadership, the ability to interpret ambiguity and possess strong customer engagement skills.
- Manage, or support the management and delivery of strategic HR calendar and non-calendar HR projects and activities
- Consult with and manage stakeholders, providing guidance on HR matters aligned to the project
- Support the Senior Manager to ensure a consistent approach in end to end project delivery, resource allocation and management
- Coach other team members in HR skills and effective planning and project management
- Recognise and flag issues on project planning and implementation
- Support the Senior Manager in gaining stakeholder buy-in and implementing actions to execute against targets and plans
- Ensure project documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner, involving relevant stakeholders
- Help ensure a consistent approach across service lines whilst understanding and recognising potential difference and commercial impact in business challenges and solutions
- Analyse and interpret data to create meaningful insights supporting project delivery
- Utilise metrics to add value to business decisions, understanding trends and making recommendations to the business
- Look for process improvements during and after the completion of the project
- Manage complex case escalations from the HR Advisory Services team which require a higher level of HR experience and/or business contact
- Potentially act as line/performance manager for PS Consultant/s.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London, Reading, Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds, though we require someone who is willing to travel nationally.
This is a full-time fixed term contract role until 31st October 2020. We are happy to consider requests for agile working patterns.
Your professional experience
- A relevant professional qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Project management certification or strong understanding of project management tools and experience of managing multiple projects
- Core HR competence and experience at a Manager level
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Consulting and business analysis skills including influencing, negotiating and partnering skills
- A strong relationship builder with a proven ability to influence, consult, coach, educate and advise at all levels
- Strong business and commercial acumen with the ability to interpret, recognise and use appropriate metrics and insights
- Personable, pro-active professional, able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Able to plan and execute concurrent activities ensuring an appropriate risk management lens is applied identify and mitigate appropriately
- Experience of working in a partnership and/or highly matrixed organisation
- Exposure to major people change initiatives and ability to gain confidence and respect of business leadership
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 173225