Performance Manager - London, United Kingdom,
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Performance Manager to join the team on a full time, 1 year fixed term contract. This role will be based in Waterloo in return for a competitive salary of £38,000 per annum.
About the Performance Manager role:
This role is within the Property Management Directorate, and with the support of the Fire delivery Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and coordinating fire safety work programmes associated with passive fire protection.
Linked to day-to-day programme management, the role will also be responsible for preparing, managing and coordinating cashflow and spend forecasts as well as associated reporting. Close monitoring of progress and completion of the work programmes against budgets and longer terms financial plans, will be another key function of this role.
Responsibilities of our Performance Manager:
- Plan, monitor and coordinate delivery programmes across contractors in line with compliance and budget requirements
- Develop and maintain cashflow and spend forecasts associated with programmes, to ensure delivery of these programmes are in line with agreed team and departmental budgets
- Protect, at all times, Peabody's commercial interests and ensure delivery programmes are offering value for money, as well as identifying efficiencies where applicable
- Coordinate the commercial aspects of programme delivery and act as liaison between contractor and Peabody Commercial Teams to ensure the above responsibilities are met
- Establish and maintain close professional relationships with stakeholders to ensure programmes are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Collate the relevant asset data associated with delivery programmes, ensuring the data required by the Asset Management Team is sufficient to maintain an accurate and up to date asset database
- Establish, maintain, publish and present regular commercial, performance and delivery reports as required;
- Coordinate complaint and escalated cases on behalf of the Fire Delivery Team
- Provide direct management and development of the teams support function, ensuring the function is structured and resourced to provide all necessary support the wider team in order to ensure responsibilities are met
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Director, Team Manager or nominees, which may include working outside normal working hours
What we're looking for in our Performance Manager:
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Proven project and contractor management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience and understating of building pathology, ideally in relation to passive fire protection
- High commercial acumen, with experience managing high value budgets and producing cashflow and spend forecasts
- Experience in developing and managing delivery programmes for complex workstreams
- Extensive knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when to help the organisation achieve its mission
- Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports
- Construction or commercial based qualification (Degree, HND or similar) or at least three years' experience in a similar role
- Fire related qualification or extensive CPD preferred
- Member of a professional body (CIOB, RICS, IFE etc.) preferred
Closing date: 23rd October 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Performance Manager, please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity...... click apply for full job details