Private Sector Housing - Strategic Manager - London, United Kingdom,
Our client within public sector is looking for a Strategic Manager - Private Sector Housing to join their Private Housing and Enforcement Services team. The role is offered on a 6 months contract basis paying £400-£440/day (umbrella rate/inside IR35) based in Newham.
The role holder reports to the Director of Housing and will provide :
- Strategic direction and leadership on all private sector housing issues, including those projects delivered on a sub-regional basis.
- Manage teams providing: licensing administration and enforcement, cross-tenure housing advice including advice to landlords; dealing with empty properties and houses in multiple occupation; and undertaking area based renewal and sub-regional projects tackling private sector housing issues.
- Ensure fulfilment of local/borough, sub-regional and government private sector housing requirements, including the successful operation of the property licensing functions and other legal requirements.
- Provide expert advice on policy matters relating to Private Sector Housing and renewal strategies
- Implement the licensing schemes as required by the Housing Act 2004
Required Experience and Skills:
- Expert knowledge and experience of private sector housing and renewal issues and ability to develop and implement comprehensive improvement strategies.
Financial planning and budget management skills with substantial budgets.
- Operational knowledge and experience in Housing, Environmental Health, Licensing or similar services;
- Major influences and challenges facing local government, and private rented businesses sectors.
- Expert understanding of the relevant housing legislation and the legislative framework in related areas like finance, enforcement and planning.
Experience in contract negotiation;
- Providing solutions and implementing improvements to businesses, public services, projects and/or programmes.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy