Procurement/Buyer - City, London, United Kingdom,
Procurement - Buyer
4 Month Temporary Role
£15.71 per hour
Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm
Based in Central London
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Buyer to work within a prestigious university based in Central London. The procurement function aims to add value to the school's wider strategic objectives by building effective relationships with its stakeholders, procuring requirements in an ethically-minded way, and achieving value for money. The postholder will help run the day-to-day operations of the operational Procurement team. They will provide a complete and efficient purchasing service for catalogue and non-catalogue orders across the school through swift approval of requisitions. The postholder will be responsible for helping staff place orders, completing sourcing requests, and resolving purchasing queries from end users and suppliers. They will also be responsible for helping Accounts Payable team match challenging purchase orders.
- Undertake the day-to-day approval of requisitions over the £8K threshold.
- To investigate, communicate and resolve issues relating to operational purchasing across the School.
- Handle requests from a range of internal and external contacts during the lifecycle of an order, and to respond to queries arising from said order.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure that they are offering the best prices and service to the School. This may also include chasing for orders that haven't been delivered.
- Guide end users through the e-catalogue so that the purchasing process is simplified.
- Help staff amend or cancel orders where appropriate.
- Monitor the status of open purchase orders (by running order status reports) and remind end users to receipt orders they have received.
- Keep updated on category trends, framework agreements and procurement regulations to be in the best position possible to advise colleagues.
- Advise end users on the most suitable procurement route for LSE requirements to ensure best practice procurement policies are followed and achieve compliance with the School's financial regulations.
- Dealing with order queries by contacting suppliers and end-users, where necessary, to resolve any issues or problems.
- Interpret custom and practice which determines how problems to should be tackled.
- To have the knowledge and skills required to undertake medium value (over £8K) and complex purchasing activities, as well as high volume procurement activities.
- Broad all-round PC skills but specifically MS Office suite programmes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate internally with key stakeholders and external suppliers.
- A degree of influencing skills when persuading clients about the correct suppliers or products to use.
- Attention to detail is essential so that requisitions are not processed incorrectly.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy