Procurement Manager - IT - London, United Kingdom,
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a Procurement Manager - IT to join our team in Camden. The role will involve supporting the Director of Procurement in the ongoing development of a strategic and professional procurement team that acts as a centre of commercial expertise for One Housing. A primary objective of the role is to support the delivery of measurable cost savings and efficiencies on third party IT expenditure including both business as usual and key transformational projects. Key to this role will be building strong and effective relationships with the IT Programme Director, IT Operations Director and the Chief Information Officer to deliver a pipeline of projects in support of the business wide One Future Transformation Programme. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate extensive technical knowledge and experience in public sector procurement, especially surrounding the delivery of IT specific procurement utilising varied OJEU and framework routes to market. The role requires advanced stakeholder management and influencing skills as well as an ability to deliver parallel projects to constricted timescales.
This role will be extremely rewarding for the successful candidate and this a great opportunity to deliver
some significant business-wide transformational procurement that will have a lasting impact on the future
success of One Housing.
This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing's values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
- Support the Director of Procurement in meeting value for money targets.
- Procurement of supplies, services and works in an effective and economical way to achieve value for money for One Housing.
- Provide advice, guidance and support throughout One Housing to ensure procurement processes are compliant, effective and provide best possible value.
- Ensure procurement occurs in accordance with statutory regulations and best practice guidance.
- Deliver effective procurement to comply with framework and bespoke procurement methods.
- Responsible for managing the procurement and tendering of a range of supplies, services and works through implementation of innovative category strategies.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, initiate and maintain relationships with critical suppliers to remain abreast of new products and innovation to give One Housing a competitive advantage.
- Support the business to apply total cost of ownership principles in all procurements and throughout the existing supply chain.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships, negotiating agreements with suppliers, undertaking key sourcing and tendering exercises.
- Identify priority suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships.
- Maintain awareness of risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Support and input into the design and roll-out of a robust contract management and supplier relationship management framework optimising delivery from One Housing's strategic suppliers.
Skills & experience
- Degree level education.
- High level of IT skills and literacy.
- Procurement experience within the Public/Charitable/Not-For-Profit Sectors.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading on a range of successful OJEU procurements utilising a range of procedures i.e. open, restricted, competitive dialogue, etc.
- Practical knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.In-depth knowledge of IT procurement, including software, hardware and IT related services, including but not limited to the following areas: CRM; ERP; tele...