Procurement Manager/Buyer - Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom,
Up to 40k DOE + Bonus + Benefits
We are delighted to be partnering with a Global client based in North Gloucestershire who are currently looking for an experienced Procurement Manager/Buyer to input processes and achieve real cost reductions in all elements of the business. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to make a real difference in a fast-growing, forward thinking company!
You will be required to implement and develop strategies to ensure the continuous supply of all capital equipment purchases (in excess of £1m p.a.), cross hire from other sector businesses, input freelance labour costs and all the other myriad of variable costs that go into the production of global projects.
- Supporting the MD to define the strategy for variable costs and vendors ensuring best quality and lowest cost
- Negotiate and implement contractual and commercial arrangements with selected vendors
- Identifying opportunities to improve all aspects of supplier performance and to drive cost out of the supply chain, including working closely with the current experienced management team
- Participating in continuous improvement activities
- Support market research including low cost opportunities, bench-marking of the supply chain and new technology
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, improvement of efficiency and risk mitigation
- Establish effective relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining standard costs, lead times and supplier price agreements with regular suppliers
- Vocalise and educate all other business units on the procurement function, best practice, and ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Work on ROI information on making capital expenditure decisions
- This person may be partially CIPS qualified or equivalent - not essential
- An effective communicator and negotiator at all levels both internally and externally
- Use initiative, fact find and communicate effectively
- Extensive experience working within a similar role
If this position is of interest to you then please contact Kerri at i2i Recruitment today for IMMEDIATE consideration.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasise any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
i2i Recruitment Ltd is a leading independent employment agency providing staffing solutions across specialist areas. We are a corporate member of the REC and are dedicated to provide a professional quality of service to clients and candidates alike.