Procurement Manager - Bedfordshire, United Kingdom,
Job Title - Procurement Manager
Location - The Quadrant, Milton Keynes
Rates - Up To £424.59 per day (PAYE) - Up To £483.30 per day (LTD/Umbrella)
This role is In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Network Rail is looking for an experienced Procurement professional to provide a comprehensive sourcing service, that delivers optimal company-wide commercial arrangements for an area of significant spend. This will be consistent with agreed category strategies through the application of the Network Rail Strategic Sourcing framework and proactively develop relationships at an appropriate level to support the business needs.
This position will be focusing on the Training category and will be a senior member of the team with some indirect line management responsibilities.
What you will do:
- To develop and maintain positive collaborative relations with customers, suppliers and between key functions. To achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To promote cross-functional strategic analysis and decision making and total cost of ownership principles, taking account of business-wide demand and supply forecasts. Develop and implement effective category, contracting and supplier strategies that mitigate supply market risks and reduce the cost of procured materials and services, in accordance with the governance process and applying fact-based principles based upon rigorous demand and supply analysis.
- To contribute towards category, contracting and supplier strategies and develop and implement strategies as appropriate.
- To manage the effective sourcing, tendering and negotiation of goods or services with a value of up to c£250m annually to achieve business priorities, efficiency targets, compliance with Network Rail policies and in line with procedures, governance, legal (including EU Directives) and regulatory requirements.
- To maintain an appropriate supplier base.
- To implement appropriate controls and audit regimes that enable compliance with company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
- To make decisions based on 'value for money' on 'a whole life cost basis,' encompass sustainable solutions, remove unnecessary waste without loss of function, eliminate process redundancies, challenge specifications, consolidate volumes and standardise processes.
- To capture financial and non-financial benefits. Communicate the scope and benefits and respond to any price / service level challenges.
Your experience will include:
- The successful candidate will need to have proven procurement experience within OJEU processes.
- A customer focused approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, influential, communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable track record of practical effectiveness in strategic sourcing and supply chain contexts.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of benefits delivery through the application of strategic sourcing techniques and use of relevant systems.
- An innovative approach to pricing strategies.
- Deals with people with integrity, providing constructive feedback.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Experience of e-sourcing or other electronic tendering systems
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.