Procurement Manager - Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom,
My client is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the UK and are committed to providing products and services of the very highest quality.
I am currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager where you will be working on a Government Project and liaising with the project team from a procurement perspective. This will involve commercial contract management, exit strategy and negotiation.
Until 13th December 2019
£500 per day (dependent on experience)
- Identify & prioritise opportunities with reference to industry, market, business & supplier developments and historic and forecast spend.
- Work in partnership with commercial finance to understand cost drivers & budgets/forecasts and to align procurement plans and activity to latest plans
- Develop, validate and communicate category and supplier strategies. Take business wide perspective.
- Analyse full range of sourcing options and partnership models. Influence and support business to implement appropriate solution.
- Manage RFx process, including for complex projects, & objectively evaluate responses to inform supplier selection
- Plan and lead negotiations, including complex negotiations, and deliver target outcomes (price, service levels, quality & key contractual terms)
- Ensure close engagement with key stakeholders, including at GEC and GEC+1/2 levels, presenting regular updates and raising the profile of Procurement
- Track and report benefits for each responsible category / supplier and how these compare to targets
Ensure risks and issues are identified in a timely manner and actively mitigated. Experience Required
- Category management experience, including high value categories, subject matter expert and demonstrable capability across multiple spend categories within a blue-chip environment
- Proven executive and senior stakeholder influencing, engagement & management, highly collaborative
- Demonstrable innovation including taking ideas from generation through to implementation gaining stakeholder buy-in
- Taking a broad perspective and optimising leverage through innovation and forward planning
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and can step in for line manager at any time
- Is a virtual team manager or direct manager of people
- Commercially astute with a track record of delivery of sizeable benefits
- Communication, influencing, negotiation, interpersonal & business partnering at Executive level
- Aware of the business objectives
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills within complex scenarios and decision making
- Thought leadership, strategic & lateral thinking and vision over the next 3 to 5 years, future orientated
- Significant experience of working outside of comfort zone and multi-tasks within challenging deadlines
- Understanding, application and delivery of Strategic Sourcing, SRM & TCO principles
- Degree or equivalent.
- Competency levels 3 and 4
If this sounds like something you would be interested, apply now! To speak to a consultant about this vacancy please contact Arushi on .