Procurement Manager - Oxfordshire, United Kingdom,
Recruitment Agency Reference:
A position has arisen for a Procurement Manager placed within a globally recognised organisation based in the Thames Valley region. This is a fixed term position initially for a period of 3 years and is paying up to £48,000 per annum. This would be ideal for someone looking to make their next step in their career.
Your duties will include:
- Identifying, developing and implementing procurement strategies for your sub category area in line with customer requirements and departmental objectives
- Formulating, implementing and managing the agreed procurement strategy
- Developing a robust category management approach to your specific sub category group
- Identifying key areas where strategies need formulating following feedback from internal customers and the Director of Procurement
- Identifying, qualifying and selecting appropriate suppliers that support the objectives of your internal customers
- Negotiating and bringing to completion robust contractual agreements with category suppliers ensuring VFM and in accordance with best practise
- Managing direct reports including conducting appraisals and agreeing development plans with the Director of Procurement
- Acting as a local expert and 1st point of contact within the sub category for the organisation and suppliers
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience in working in a Purchasing or Procurement role at management level
- Fantastic Stakeholder Management skills
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Procurement Manager looking to make their next step in their career.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Sam Millar or Darryl Hodge on and email your CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.