Procurement Manager - London, United Kingdom,
Job Title - Procurement Manager
Location - London
Rates - £ 417.40/Umbrella OR £364.44 PAYE per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
- Develop and implement individual project and steady state contracting strategy proposals including preparation and evaluation of tender documents and negotiation of contracts.
- Provide post contract commercial management support for a range of contracts.
- Provide dedicated support to senior staff in respect of individual projects and/or contract/commercial issues, including 'rapid response' to potential contract disputes.
- Target specific goods, services and/or suppliers to identify how tangible improvements may be made in the procurement of these goods and services.
- Undertake regular contract management meetings with key stakeholders and suppliers to monitor whether maximum value was delivered via contract.
- Manage responsibilities for endorsements and approval of contract variations.
- Provide all services to programme/project teams in a timely and cost effective manner and contribute positively towards the achievement of programme/project objectives.
- Recognised skills in contractual and commercial matters, with credibility and experience to act as advisor to other staff.
- Successful procurement background with practical intermediate level experience.
- Contributed towards maintaining successful relationships with suppliers.
- Knowledge of relevant contract terms.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Membership of appropriate professional institution
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational Centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signaling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.