Procurement Manager - Blackburn, Lancashire, United Kingdom,
Butler Rose is pleased to be partnering with a company based in Blackburn in the search for a Procurement Manager. This is a 4 month contract so you will need to be immediately available to start or on 1 weeks notice.
As the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for delivering value for money and innovation through procurement and contract management, overseeing strategic supplier selection and contract negotiations and act as a role model of processional procurement practice, delivering high quality solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Produce annual spend analysis for the business an d report to various different departments
- Keep on track of the procurement plan and regularly update the operational teams
- Liaise with other departments and outside parties to identify supply chain risk and opportunities to optimise outcomes and efficiency's, whilst managing risk and compliance in a timely manner.
- Work with teams to develop performance management strategies with key suppliers ensuring contract and supplier performance reviews are scheduled at regular intervals throughout the life of the contract.
- Support the business in having a robust supplier base for the procurement of goods and services
- Over see the contracts register and master supplier list
- Keep up to date with legal and regulatory change and advise the business on best practice.
Key attributes required:
- Complete understanding of procurement, contract and budget management processes.
- Excellent working knowledge in the management of tenders and contracts
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills to achieve best price from suppliers
- Must be numerate and be able to analyse, interpret and report on data performance and trends
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to plan, forecast and manage demand
- Develop an awareness of risk and associated policies to ensure that procedures are followed, and risk is managed appropriately
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.