Procurement Manager - Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom,
Recruitment Agency Reference:
A position has arisen for a Procurement Manager placed within a public services organisation situated in the Northern Home Counties on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This role takes responsibility for a range of Procurement contracts and is offering up to £43,772, depending on experience.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering a number of procurement projects to the organisation and its clients, in line with the work plan
- Providing strategic direction, leadership and implementation of all systems and procedures to meet best practice standards relating to procurement and market management
- Researching and analysing the market prior to any tendering exercise to determine the key providers and identify any new or potential bidders to encourage full competition wherever possible
- Leading the customers through an agreed procure route/plan to achieve compliance with procurement governance
- Liaising with senior Finance and Project Managers to ensure there is clear financial and service input for the procurement documents
- Ensuring that customers and their staff operate within the legal and good practice frameworks for procurements
- Ensuring that all customer staff involved in procurements follow the procurement gateway procedures and processes to achieve a high quality standard
- Presenting complex, confidential, contentious and sensitive information to groups and individuals at all levels across a range of organisations as appropriate
- Assisting the team to deliver agreed project plans using an e-tendering system
- Ensuring that customers include within the specifications, reference to relevant standards and policies
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience within the public sector procurement (OJEU)
- Extensive knowledge of leading procurement projects for a variety of categories
- Strong stakeholder management
This would be an ideal role for a driven Procurement Manager who is looking for their next contract position.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more about similar roles please send your CV to Darryl Hodge via email at
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.