Procurement Manager - Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom,
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for leading commercial and contractual negotiations for all third party appointments within our Procurement Team. You will also establish, communicate and mitigate the associated risks, issues and dependencies of all commercial/contractual matters within individual projects and across the programme as a whole. You will proactively manage all internal and external stakeholders, to drive successful project execution and delivery.
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge of EBA Guidelines on Outsourcing preferred
- Significant experience required in sourcing and complex contract negotiation/relationship management
- Professional Services/Technology category knowledge and sourcing experience preferred
- Confident presentation of commercial advice and opinion, able to engender trust and display professional credibility
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills; presents a calm and professional demeanor
- Conscientious attitude to contract and proposal reviews
- Robust stance with external parties where required to promote and defend the Society's commercial position
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to explain complex terms and conditions in such a way that internal stakeholders understand the company's obligations
- Ability to work under own steam and in a team environment, as required, with all levels from junior colleagues to senior executives
- Ability to work effectively and proactively.
- A self-starter with the tenacity and resilience to manage obstacles and delays.
Why is Leeds Building Society a great place to work?
We're a mutual not a bank, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. In fact, our business is built on the idea of people helping people, whether that's saving for the future or buying their own home.
We're proud to be the first financial services organisation to be awarded Leaders in Diversity. We don't believe in a 'one size fits all' approach when it comes to working here so we provide a flexible inclusive working environment that suits all colleagues. We're a Sunday Times Best Company to work for, which reflects our commitment to support our colleagues with the environment, tools and training they need to be able to excel in their careers
We're committed to doing what's right for our members, colleagues and communities. We were the first national high-street financial institution to be awarded the Fair Tax Mark, we buy 100% renewable electricity for all our sites and have a charity partnership with Dementia UK. In addition every colleague has 14 hours volunteering each year. Our culture and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do.
Interested in applying?
- Click "Please Apply" below.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity...... click apply for full job details