Procurement Project Manager - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
An new opportunity to join our progressive Procurement function on a fixed term contract for 12 months, to help us increase efficiency and enable the team to focus purely on value adding activity.
About the role:
This is a critical role for us; for a talented and enthusiastic Project Manager/Process Improvement Specialist to deliver a specific work package.
Our team has gone through a significant change programme over the last three years, moving from a transaction focus to one of adding considerable value. Some legacy processes and ways of working continue to hold back this full development and you will be instrumental in enabling this further progress.
You will be able to quickly grasp the detail of what we're looking to achieve, rapidly build excellent stakeholder relationships and translate requirements/gaps into a new design vision.
Beyond this, running a successful project to enact and implement that vision in a pragmatic and collaborative way, will be critically important.
We have an agile team of Procurement professionals who are passionate about maximising value from our third party spend, ultimately enabling the Institute to deliver more world-class science within its budgets. Come and help us achieve this!
- Proven track record of delivering similar process improvement projects
- Demonstrable understanding of cross-functional projects and Lean Process Improvement
- Good understanding of Procurement processes e.g. RFx and Procure to Pay cycle
- Good working knowledge of associated IT systems
- Flexible and pragmatic attitude
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Proactive approach and willingness to work autonomously to achieve goals
- Confident in quickly gaining credibility with stakeholders
We hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.