Procurement manager - Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom,
6 Month Contract
From 300 per day
This role will be responsible for delivering an effective cradle to grave procurement service for the Rail Electrification business. You will need to have strategic procurement approach and able to build relationships quickly.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS:
- Define robust procurement strategies aligned to bid / project scope requirements and drive these through the implementation phase.
- Ensure Procurement's early Involvement for bids and tendering activity through effective stakeholder management.
- Participate in project kick off meetings to ensure procurement requirements are built in at the front end.
- Implement robust procurement processes and controls into the project by utilizing standard functional templates.
- Ensure that all Project Procurement standards and procedures are adhered to in line with policies.
- Capture Procurement's contribution to bid and project success via reporting of functional measures in line with the company's metrics.
- Network effectively with cross business-unit Procurement colleagues to identify pooling opportunities where applicable.
- Ensure that Framework Agreements for leveraged cross BU commodities are adopted locally
- Negotiate and draft sub-contract agreements ensuring that back to back requirements are flowed down to our suppliers.
- Implement a robust Supplier Management regime to document supplier performance and drive improvements.
- Ensure that negative supplier feedback via our SPM process is swiftly reacted to with remedial actions agreed and documented.
- Identify Supply Chain Risks and ensure these are documented as part of our wider due diligence process.
- Define appropriate mitigation strategies for any supply chain risks identified for subsequent internal review
- Attend any cross-business unit procurement workshops
- Contribute to the achievement of procurement functional targets
- Strategic Procurement experience= someone who has operated strategically to add value to their businesses
- Someone who is flexible to get out and about to visit suppliers in order to build more strategic ties
- Project Procurement experience in a cyclical environment, ideally someone who has operated in a related environment where demand is cyclical - Rail, Defense etc
- Experience of working within a blue-chip environment.
- Ideally has had previous experience with SAP