Programme Coordinator - City, London, United Kingdom,
An organisation that provides litigation and advisory services to government departments and other publicly funded bodies in England and Wales is looking to recruit a Junior Project Manager to support their HR function.
The postholder will enable the smooth running of the project by supporting the Head of Commercial through the operation of project management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf.
Your new role
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the delivery of benefits ensuring that appropriate realisation strategies are in place.
- Managing project controls including performance reporting to the project manager about the project status.
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and issues developing mitigating actions and escalating as appropriate.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans and RAID logs.
- Planning, scheduling and applying appropriate principles and controls to track and report delivery against milestones.
- Engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting effective governance for decision making
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants must have knowledge and understanding of how projects run, project planning, risk management, outcomes and benefits and business cases. Applicants are expected to have worked as a project/programme support officer have experience of:
- MSP - experience/creating GANT Charts and linking them/managing interdependencies
- Risk management - create and manage RAID logs and risk assessments
- Stakeholder engagement
- Undertaking data input activities (setting up user accounts etc)
Applicants with central government experience will be favoured and an APM Project Fundamentals or APM Project Management Qualification will strengthen your application.
What you'll get in return
This is a full-time temporary assignment, on-going until September 2019. The role falls inside or IR35 legislation, paying £300/day Umbrella LTD.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.