Public Services Lecturer - Oldham, Lancashire, United Kingdom,
Title - Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Ellesmere Port area.
The college are looking for an outstanding Uniformed Public Services Lecturer to join them on a temporary ongoing basis to start asap with the view to go permanent for the right candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and progressive Lecturer in Public Services to join the successful team and provide learners with a high quality learning experience to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
The successful applicant will be qualified to Degree Level or above in a relevant discipline with a PCGE/Cert Ed (or equivalent) or be working towards. You will be an outstanding teacher who has relevant experience both in the industry and within the FE sector. Being an outstanding practitioner in ILT is desirable but not essential for this role.
Hourly Rate - £23-£27 per hour, equivalent to £25,000 - £34,000 per annum.
- Ofsted rating of ''Good"
- Has over 11,000 students and 1,300 Apprentices
- State-of-the art learning facilities and high standard of teaching
- Offers a full range of vocational courses, Apprenticeships and Higher Education programmes from Construction and Engineering to Sport and Health and
- To provide innovative and engaging teaching and learning to the College's learners in order to ensure that the provision:
- Meets the needs of learners, employers and other stakeholders
- Is of the highest possible quality in terms of learner outcomes and learner/employer satisfaction
- Is effective, efficient and provide excellent value for money
- Reflects the vision, mission, aims and values of the college
- Is innovative, developmental and sector leading
- Promotes a culture of excellence and equality
What you will need:
- Degree in Public Services (or equivalent)
- Teaching qualification (or working towards)
- Excellent teaching skills with proven experience of teaching Public Services
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to demonstrate the innovative use of ILT in teaching, learning and assessment
- Ability to teach up to Foundation Degree leve
- Proven experience of teaching up to level 3
- Successful experience of teaching and coaching students of varied ages, backgrounds and abilities
- Ability to adapt teaching style to engage and suit the needs of learners to ensure excellent attendance and achievements
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'
We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please give us a call on and ask for Lewis Paterson