SAP PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR - PROCURE TO PAY/P2P - Runcorn, Cheshire, United Kingdom,
SAP PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR - PROCURE TO PAY/P2P - INTERIM SIX MONTHS POTENTIAL TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT)
C£32-35000 PRO RATA + Excellent Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity and power generation sector.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, graduate calibre procurement professional with experience of SAP Procure to Pay/P2P. Initially this role is offered on an interim basis but there are potential opportunities for a permanent role. This is a high-profile role located and you will be interacting and engaging with Category/Procurement, Finance and other key cross functional executives across the UK and mainland Europe in relation to P2P.
As SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Coordinator, operating as part of a P2P team, you will report to the European Procurement Operations Leader and will ensure the accurate and effective initiation of the SAP procure to pay/P2P process in line with contractual arrangements with suppliers. The objective will be to ensure compliance, education and engagement in relation to procurement policies and to enable efficient transactional processing. Specifically, you will work with European sites and their Procurement Business Partners providing operational support in relation to Procure to Pay/P2P initiation for all categories of spend. A detailed working knowledge of SAP procurement modules will be critical to success in this role, as well as a working understanding of key supplier contracts. Accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency of process completion are important attributes for this role.
In your role as SAP Procurement Coordinator Procure to Pay/P2P, you will:
- Initiate the SAP Procure to Pay/P2P process, specifically the accurate conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders. This may include low value, low risk sourcing.
- Provide procurement operational support to procurement colleagues at European sites.
- Work closely with Category Managers and Senior Buyers in European operations in relation to supplier performance management as well as business partners and requisitioners directly.
- Ensure efficient process completion. Assist with the roll out and ongoing account management for Card Payments and/or Automation projects to reduce the number of P2P transactions required.
- Influence and challenge internal customers on procedural issues and ensure contracted supplier use.
- Development of category data and reporting to Senior Buyers and Category Managers.
- Contribute to improvements in requisition quality, timescales and process efficiency.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development of functional capabilities to ensure value delivery is sustainable in the long term and functional effectiveness and efficiencies are improved on a continual basis.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Graduate calibre - minimum A level or equivalent and above. In addition, part or fully qualified in CIPS or similar Procurement qualification advantageous or willing to study.
- At least 3-5 years consistent, fast track career development in procurement and specifically SAP procurement to pay/P2P.
- Available on an initial interim six month (or potentially future permanent basis).
- Knowledgeable in terms of the SAP Procurement Modules.
- In depth SAP procure to pay/P2P process experience.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reporting skills.
- Well developed communication skills gained within a multinational matrix organisational structure.
- Confident stakeholder engagement skills familiar with liaising with senior executives.
- Current or recent experience with a multinational organisation in similar role utilising SAP and supplier accreditation systems.
- Candidates with procure to pay experience gained within procurement or accounts payable functions seeking long term career in procurement.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader.