SEN Advisory Officer - Enfield, London, United Kingdom,
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Enfield Council to provide them with an SEN Advisory Officer to join their team on an interim for 3-6 months which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Rate of Pay £17-£21 per hour- Negotiable depending on experience. Higher Day rates accessible for the right candidate.
About the Role: This position involves providing a comprehensive service to enable the Local Authority (LA) fulfil its statutory duties in relation to the assessment of pupils with special educational needs by ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of statutory procedures and the appropriate placement and provision arrangements for Enfield residing pupils both inside and outside the LA area.
- To undertake, organise and develop the efficient and effective implementation of administrative procedures in relation to the EHC needs assessmentand review of children/young people with special educational needs and disability ensuring compliance with statutory deadlines
- ensure that appropriate provision and arrangements, including travel assistance, are made to meet the needs of pupils with SEND taking into account the efficient use of LA
- Provide written and verbal advice on the statutory procedures to parents, educational settings, Health and Social Services, support services and other agencies ensuring supportive, sensitive and constructive liaison so that decisions are well supported and have maximum potential for sustainability
- Take appropriate action including the negotiation and agreement of placement and provision of specialist support
- Write EHCPs taking all professional and parental advice into consideration.
- Attend and contribute to Multi Agency Meetings within educational settings to support the development and agreement of outcomes and provision
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Richard Clarke Group
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies...... click apply for full job details