Senior Assistant HR Advisory (Sickness), HR services, ICS, FTC - 6 mon - Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom,
Practise support services requires a Senior Assistant to support the smooth running of the Advisory functions within the HR Services function of PSS. The primary function of this role is to provide Tier 2 level sickness advisory support to employees, managers and Partners across a wide range of sickness absence management processes and issues, as well as providing advice on more complex queries where the HR Helpdesk and HR Services teams are unable to fully respond. The role also supports internal and external escalation management.
The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Milton Keynes (including the Helpdesk Manager), and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the PSS. The PSS is based in Milton Keynes in the UK and India, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising approx. 20,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 6 Swiss offices
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Personal ownership and management of allocated sickness absence cases including but not limited to:
- Provide day to day sickness advisory support to employees, managers and partners across Deloitte UK through case management as escalated by the HR Helpdesk and HR Services teams.
- Managing cases as allocated within the team, ensuring appropriate follow up and management of individuals and stakeholders.
- Provide timely and effective handover, where appropriate, of cases that require input or completion by the wider HR community.
- Support fast-track VIP service to Partners as required.
- Ensure all system (SAP) related actions or updates are completed accurately in time for payroll deadlines and in line with procedural guidelines.
- Maintain relevant exception management and quality control.
- Be a champion of process and service delivery, supporting coaching and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Deliver excellent service and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Provide a client focused experience through the timely and accurate completion of queries and activities.
- Ensure effective utilisation of case management tools ensuring all records are kept up to date and accurate.
- Record and maintain accurate activity information tracking through to timely closure.
- Take ownership for queries and escalations, escalating to the Team Leader if necessary or specific cases to the appropriate HR Services team, our Workplace assessment provider, Occupational Health provider or Permanent Health Insurer.
- Take responsibility for keeping up to date on Deloitte policy and process developments.
- Maintain own continuing professional development to ensure advice given is appropriate and of a high quality.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Data Protection legislation at all times.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Milton Keynes or Cardiff
This is a fixed term contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Previous HR Administration experience, ideally from within a generalist HR team
- CIPD or other relevant HR qualification: working towards preferred but not essential
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the gravitas to command professional respect at all levels
- A confident delivery of verbal and written communications with excellent attention to detail.
- Advisory skills: ability to work in ambiguous situations and provide clear/best fit solutions
- Commercial awareness & risk management: Strong awareness and understanding of the current environment within which we operate; able to adapt recommendations or advise as appropriate
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 175405