Senior Business Change Lead - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
Job Title: Senior Business Change Lead
Contract: Fixed Term, 18 months
Salary: £46,600- £65,200
Location: The Triangle Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8EA
What it's about
We are looking for a highly experienced business change professional to be responsible for the definition and execution of the business change strategy for a major technology and business change programme within Cambridge English. The post-holder will lead on strategic prioritisation, the selection of business change delivery approaches and stakeholder engagements up to director level. They will also manage and mentor business change managers within the team and work across the team to ensure that business change initiatives are prioritised and supported by all areas of the programme.
- Be directly responsible for the definition, prioritisation and delivery of business change activities for the IELTS Modernisation programme. Define strategy. Identify options and propose approach. Operate at Programme Board level to present, refine and gain support and approval for proposals.
- Assess impact of new business processes and technology on operating model and organisation design. Help to define target operating model and organisation. Identify changes required to migrate to the new platform and processes. Develop and execute organisational transition plan. Operate at Programme Board level to present, refine and gain support and approval for proposals.
- Conduct change impact assessment of the new solution. Plan, design and through a network of change agents deliver learning and other change interventions to provide a smooth transition to the new solution and to ensure that new tools and processes are adopted and embedded.
- Develop and own the stakeholder management strategy for the Programme. Define and execute the approach to mapping and engagement of all stakeholders within Cambridge Assessment and across the IELTS Partner network. Define and deliver the communications plan.
- Provide people management and development for business change, learning and communications resources. Champion the business change agenda within the programme and across stakeholder groups, including upskilling and mentoring the programme team and business resources to build change capabilities.
What we're looking for
- Educated to degree level (essential)
- PRINCE II/other Project Management qualification to Practitioner level, or equivalent experience of good practice framework (essential)
- Managing Successful Programmes certifications (MSP) (essential)
- Business change practitioner qualifications (desirable).
- Strong inter-personnel and leadership skills
- Ability to engage effectively at all levels of the business
- Proficient in Project Management capabilities
- Proficient in Programme & Strategic Management
- Excellent communication (written/oral)
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management incl. chairing reviews.
- Good general IT skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced in frameworks and methodologies to support business change and communications delivery.
- Substantial experience of successfully delivering business change and communications activities in complex, multi-faceted technology-enabled business transformation projects (essential)
- Experience of developing business change interventions including stakeholder mapping and management, communications planning and execution, training planning and delivery (essential).
- Determined and persistent driver of project activity & 'can-do' attitude
- Uses initiative and takes responsibility for tasks to ensure aims are achieved
- Drives and motivates team and stakeholders to achieve unit and strategic objectives
- Ability to deliver heavy workload and prioritise against business demands
- Identifies, addresses and resolves conflicts between individuals/interest groups
- Understands the strategic impact of business change and anticipates business needs and proposes alternative solutions
- Structured and organised approach.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23/10/2019and interviews will be held on w/c 4/11/2019.<