Senior Business Development Manager - Banking & Finance Practice Group - City, London, United Kingdom,
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to manage the strategic focus of the In-Market operations of the Banking & Finance Practice Group (the Group) in the London office. To co-ordinate the BDMC function's office resources and develop a strategic focused, market-leading BDMC business-partnering capability which enables the Group in the London office to win, retain and grow business.
The successful candidate will be working side by side with partners and leadership to develop the growth plan for the Practice Group, ensuring that our marketing captures our unique value proposition, and identifying and prioritising the key client opportunities, marketing initiatives, and service lines of the group. This also involves close collaboration with various other practices in the London office as well as offices across various EMEA to enhance cross-selling opportunities to promote the firm's overall transactional capabilities as appropriate. It is essential for the role holder to have a strong client focus and be focused on clients that will enhance revenue and profitability.
In addition, the role will manage a team locally and liaise with multiple stakeholders across the firm to identify our competitive advantages and bring these to life in marketing materials, presentations and pitches.
We are looking for someone who can combine a strategic perspective with a hands-on approach to delivery. You will be good at spotting opportunities and mobilising to pursue them, bringing in support from the wider marketing and business development community as appropriate.
The Banking & Finance Practice Group is one of our largest practices in London, comprising several sub groups. It is fast moving, and we are therefore seeking someone who will thrive in a dynamic, commercially-focussed, environment.
- To drive strategic, revenue and profitable BD activities for the London Banking & Finance Practice, and also work closely with colleagues and partners across EMEA+ and EMEA as required, to deliver on the Practice Group priorities across the region.
- Develop the strategic growth plan for the Practice in London, including identifying key client opportunities, understanding the clients and building the marketing and communications campaigns required, with a focus on priority revenue generating service lines/initiatives and key events
- actively target key clients to develop, including understanding the clients
- To act as their first point of contact for all strategic business development needs; pro-actively manage and prioritise BDMC practice group activities, and to develop the in-market profile.
- Be a an active and engaged member in client feedback meetings, to include but not limited to post matter feedback and review meetings
- To lead and develop the junior member of the Banking & Finance Business Development team, ensuring they have clear objectives and are delivering at the expected standard
- To build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues in Expert functions and End-to-End Services to ensure the practice groups are benefitting from best practice and latest thinking elsewhere in the Firm. Draw on the wider EMEA+ strategy to ensure practice remains at the forefront of BD activities
- To work with these teams to deliver a high-quality end-to-end service on banking & finance proposals and contributing appropriately to cross-practice pitches
- To ensure the Firm captures the feedback, matter experience, client contacts and business development leads to enable the practice to promote itself effectively and to grow its business
- To work with colleagues in Client Development and Industry Sectors to ensure lawyers are armed with information on latest trends and related hot topics/talking points and use them to generate opportunities.
- To regularly review pipeline of targets to ensure that opportunities are prioritised and targeting efforts are focused on the greatest opportunities for developing business.
- To identify, prioritise and develop opportunities across our EMEA+ offices
This role will not require regular travel. On occasion however, there may be some travel to other EMEA+ offices as required.
About The Candidate
- Bachelor's degree desirable/Masters or qualifications focusing on Marketing, Communications, Sales or other related commercial subjects would be advantageous
- Significant experience in a senior strategic marketing and/or business development role, preferably in a professional services environment with proven ability to drive revenue growth and profitability through business development and marketing initiatives.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and developing relationships with them
- Understands the importance of putting clients at the heart of everything with the ability to build strong strategic relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to work with Partners and other Senior Stakeholders, both locally and across the EMEA region as required
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others
- Proven ability to work across different teams and promote cross-selling opportunities
- High degree of attention to detail