Senior Business Development Manager - City, Sheffield, United Kingdom,
6 Month Senior Business Development Manager role for a public sector organisation in Sheffield
Your new company
Your new company will be a public sector organisation who seek to develop the current area and economic climate. They are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager on a 6 month contract to lead the inward investment work stream.
Your new role
Within this role, you will play a key part in the functional leadership of the organisations activities alongside partners and stakeholders. You will take a lead on the inward investment programme to achieve growth for the organisation, designing and implementing new projects and schemes to meet investment KPIs. You'll also lead a team of Subject Matter Experts and have the potential for direct team management and matrix management of wider partners.
- To have autonomy over the work programme for inward investment, and contribute to the work in a way that ensures that appropriate corporate management, team and sectional targets are achieved.
- Lead the development of inward investment schemes and programmes to affect and maintain changes to the economic development landscape delivering well-defined, time limited projects with clear measurable objectives.
- Proactively liaise, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholder including with officials, managers, employees, Councillors, businesses, Board Members, partnership agencies other city regions as appropriate in the strategic development and delivery of the programme.
- Undertake performance management, self-assessment and complex data analysis and interpretation, promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement in line with all appropriate performance management / quality frameworks. Prepare data, reports and papers as appropriate and to a high standard, suitable for wider audiences.
- Undertake budget management and financial planning in relation to the inward investment programme including setting budgets, appropriately allocating funds, authorising and monitoring income and expenditure. Reporting to the Board, funding partners and auditors on a regular basis.
- Lead and manage a team (directly and on a matrix basis of c20) of professionals providing direction
and co-ordination of workloads, support and guidance dealing with recruitment, motivation, training,
welfare, performance management and discipline issues as appropriate.
- Develop a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and ensure that the system is
maintained to the highest level, providing reports to the board and partners on a regular basis and
data to continually improve the service offer.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, ideally you have previously lead or managed programme design, development and delivery work, including experience working with a regulated, ideally public sector organisation. You'll be highly skilled within relationship management with senior business leaders and executives, demonstrating high levels of commercial acumen. You'll be comfortable management complex budgets involving a range of funding streams with the ability to understand financial information and processes, including financial frameworks which drive business decisions. You'll have substantial experience of leading matrix teams of professionals, improving performance when required. You'll have significant experience utilising data and performance information to drive performance and make continuous improvements and value for money. Lastly, you'll have previous experience designing, developing and utilising CRM systems to drive service delivery and performance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.