Senior Content Engagement Manager - City, London, United Kingdom,
Senior Content Engagement Manager
Our client, a leading University based in central London are currently looking for a Senior Content Engagement Manager whowill be responsible for strategic, long term content planning in order to maximise engagement with the alumni community. This role will oversee all online and offline alumni communications activity, including alumni magazine InTouch, social and email communications.
- Location: Holborn, London
- Pay: £20.56 per hour
- Type: Temporary, 35 hours per week, 9am-5pm
- Duration: 2/3 Months - Could potentially go permanent
- Start date: ASAP
In this role your accountability's and responsibilities:
- Lead and drive the alumni communications function within the Alumni Communications and Donor Relations team to create innovative and ambitious communications plan.
- An expert in both digital and print communications, the person in this role will encourage the team to adopt new and creative approaches and adopt rigorous measurement and reporting.
- Oversee the overall quality of content.
- Work with the Senior Project Manager and Content Engagement Coordinator to manage new requests from colleagues within F&SD and the wider university and alumni community.
Process and resource management
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to ensure that there are clear processes in place to manage workflow.
- Working with the Head of Alumni Communications and Donor Relations, set team objectives and resource allocation. Identify training needs and make frequent judgement calls about the accuracy or relevance of information.
- Take overall responsibility for the allocation of the alumni communications budget.
- Devise measurement and reporting on the impact of communications activity.
Relationship building and Stakeholder engagement
- Build strong relationships with the Senior Donor Relations Manager in order to develop good practices for the sharing of stories, knowledge and expertise to maximise communications and stewardship products.
- Regular networking with other communications professionals in order to solve complex problems and develop innovative new ideas.
- Lead cross-team projects, developing new and existing communications, managing input from stakeholders.
- Oversee the management of an effective roster of suppliers including designers, printers and photographers to help deliver high quality, cost-effective and effective communications.
- Provide creative and inspiring support to ensure development by brainstorming, sharing knowledge and managing projects together.
Team working, learning and support
- Proactively represent line reports as one of three senior managers within the team.
- Assist in staff and volunteer recruitment, induction, and mentoring.
- Attend training courses and workshops as part of personal and professional development.
- Journalistic, communications or marketing qualification.
- Journalistic: eye for a good story, curious mind, copy writing and proof-reading skills.
- Strong understanding of digital communications strategy and practice.
- Setting KPIs, monitoring progress against targets, applying knowledge to improve performance of communications.
- Building relationships across organisational boundaries, demonstrating tact and negotiating sensitively, building networks of content providers.
- Broad understanding of the technical elements of digital content, including principles of information architecture, user experience and search engine optimisation.
- Experience of leading and managing teams to achieve a vision and providing evidence of impact.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and support team members in their development.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy