Senior Delivery Manager - London, United Kingdom,
NHS Senior Delivery Manager - £600-650 P/D Inside IR35
Your new company
I am working with a leading NHS Body based in London who are looking to recruit a Senior Delivery Manager to join their team on an initial 10 Month Contract paying £600-650 P/D (Inside IR35)
Your new role
Working as a Senior Delivery Manager in a multidisciplinary team at NHS you will be responsible for the delivery of three established products within the Urgent and Emergency Care Directorate, DoS Live Service, Service Finder and Profile Updater. Based in London utilising your expertise and working closely with the Lead Product Manager you will lead the agile digital delivery teams.
What you'll need to succeed
Extensive knowledge of agile practices, tools, techniques and culture - specifically Scrum and Kanban practices
- Excellent knowledge of task management, workflow or collaboration tools. e.g Trello, Jira, Confluence, Slack and Miro
- Extensive knowledge of delivery metric tracking and effective methods to prioritise and forecast delivery.
- Excellent understanding of user-centred design and development and iterative agile software development techniques (e.g discovery>alpha>beta>live, pair programming and test/behaviour driven development)
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles and techniques.
- A thorough understanding of the importance and use of research and insight in informing work, and of developing and using research and insight to help separate 'wants' from 'needs' to inform service/product development work and wider business and programme decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of product prioritisation, delivery planning and facilitation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of delivery management activities relating to procurement, governance, reporting and process improvement
- Excellent knowledge of agile coaching methods to build and sustain high performing teams.
- Excellent knowledge of GDS service standards, technology code of practice and government service manual
- Excellent knowledge of effective risk and issues management, planning techniques and benefits tracking
- Appreciation of the value and need to follow accessibility standards (W3C)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Recognised delivery management qualification e.g. Certified Scrum Master or proven equivalent experience.
- Qualification or equivalent experience demonstrating proficiency of MS Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams and Project).
- Active membership of a delivery management community. Evidence of regular engagement with formal and informal networks across digital, agile and government
- Completion of other general GDS training relevant for other DSD disciplines e.g. user research, service design, product management
- Attendance of courses, conferences or meetups related to delivery and product management, agile practices, user-centred design and software development
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Knowledge of scaling agile teams effectively
- Knowledge of Health and Social Care and the NHS
- Additional practitioner level (or equivalent) qualifications in Project or Service Management methodologies
- GDS service assessor trained
- Qualification or course completion in people management (coaching, line management, conflict management, interviewing)
What you'll get in return
You will work with a leading NHS Body in London paying £600-650 P/D (Inside IR35)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.