Senior ERP Project Manager - Leicestershire, United Kingdom,
Senior ERP Project Manager vacancy in Leicester
6-month contract (within scope of IR35)
Hays IT are working in partnership with a large education establishment in Leicester to recruit an ERP Project Manager on a 6-month contract basis.
Initially for a 6-month period, the ERP Project Manager will co-ordinate the setup activities and support the "Defining a Programme" stage of a multi-year programme of work to implement a new ERP within the organisation. The programme is focused on minimising risk through the careful control of scope, costs, and timescales with a focus on a process "like for like" implementation, underpinned by a modern future-proofed platform, facilitating future improvement projects based on their own independent business cases when investment is available from the University.
The Project Manager will require experience of working ERP programmes/projects which they can demonstrate reached a successful, controlled conclusion.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Management of the setup phase of the ERP programme, working with key stakeholders to establish a project team, governance structures and timescales.
* Creation and management of the plan for the setup of programme, mapping out key milestones and resources required.
* Provide all administrative support to the ERP Programme Core Team including, setting up of meetings, minute taking, preparing agenda as required.
* Development of the overall approach for the programme, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
* Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the programme outcome.
* Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the programme in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or senior responsible owner.
* Directs the creation and maintenance of the required programme documentation and artifacts.
* Develops and controls the programme budget and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
* Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
* Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the programme and resolves conflicts.
Skills and experience required in order to apply:
* Experience in diverse roles with increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programmes
* Experience in managing "upward" among senior leadership
* Experience in leading diverse teams
* Experience in setting up and managing ERP Projects
* Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the programme objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
* A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the Institution to achieve programme success and overcome obstacles.
* Extensive experience in:
* Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
* Experience across a range of project types.
* Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project, with evidence of practical application.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.