Senior Employee Relations Advisor (NHS) - Dartford / Kent locations - Dartford, London, United Kingdom,
Job Title: Senior Employee Relations Advisor
Location: Dartford and other locations in Kent
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary role: Temporary Ongoing
Working days and hours: 4/5 days a week, 30-37.5 Hours
Pay Rate: £14.30 - £18.70 per hour paye plus holiday or £16.50 to £21.60 per hour umbrella
To support the Employee Relations Manager in providing a fully comprehensive and high quality, HR support and advisory service to the Trust. To support the Employee Relations Manager in ensuring the comprehensive management of employee relations matters, for both medical and non-medical staff, providing a professional service that meets all legislative and policy requirements. To evaluate the service provided to the Trust and meet regularly with users to review the service. To work with the Employee Relations Manager to further develop monitoring mechanisms against which the Employee Relations Advisory Team can measure performance. To deputise for the Employee Relations Manager when required.
- This post does not carry any clinical responsibilities. However, it does support the work of clinical directorates and departments by ensuring timely and appropriate accurate, advice and intervention takes place where required.
- To provide professional advice and support to managers in all areas of employment relations such as grievance, disciplinary, fair treatment and absence management procedures, ensuring that problems are identified and resolved quickly, effectively and fairly and that throughout all processes there is comprehensive and effective communication with staff and their representatives.
- To advise managers and staff on the interpretation and application of terms and conditions of service and contractual issues.
- To advise and support managers to undertake investigations, including decisions on suspensions and advising on the approval process to suspend as appropriate. To support the manager in the development of the investigation report and support the presentation of the findings at the hearing. To coach the manager through this process.
- To attend formal employee relations meetings as appropriate and advise managers on documentation, ensuring consistency, accuracy and best practice.
- To support the Employee Relations Manager and HR Business Partners with the effective management of Employment Tribunal claims, undertaking relevant duties as delegated to them.
- To support the Employee Relations Manager to produce and monitor monthly employment relations data for key performance indicators. To support the interpretation of this information, identify any problem areas and work with Trust managers to address them.
- To support the Employee Relations Manager to provide monthly feedback reports on employee relations activity to the HR senior team.
- Lead on supporting managers to proactively manage short term sickness cases, by reviewing reports sent to managers identifying cases that have triggered under the Trust's sickness absence policy.
- To work to strict deadlines and prioritise many conflicting demands on workload.
- To provide professional advice and support as a full panel member in employment related hearings, providing guidance to managers to determine appropriate action.
- To be familiar with the Trust's computerised Employee Relations and ESR information record systems and input and retrieve information as required
- To keep up to date with current employment law legislation and best practice and make recommendations when policy and procedure needs to change to reflect this.
- To assist the Employee Relations Manager in developing and delivering training to Trust managers on employee relations matters to develop the capability of line managers to deal with employment issues fairly and consistently across the organisation.
- To be a trained Agenda for Change job evaluator and participate in job evaluation and matching panels.
- To provide advice and guidance to Trust managers with the development of job descriptions and person specifications in line with the Agenda for Change job evaluation and methodology.
- To foster a positive climate of employee relations within the Trust, to support the implementation of a partnership approach and to develop and maintain good working relationships with representatives of accredited Trade Unions.
Skills, knowledge and Experience
- Postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent relevant experience.
- An understanding of the national NHS agenda and the HR contribution.
- A knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and employment issues.
- Considerable experience in an operational HR environment.
- Experience with supporting managers in employee relations issues.
- Evidence of developing and maintaining positive partnerships with trade union representatives and senior managers.
Please apply now in order to be considered!