Senior HR Business Partner - City, London, United Kingdom,
The role holder is a senior leader within the Company and a key member of the HRSMT. S/he has accountability for the HR service provision to a number of defined business units in the Consultancy organisation. The role holder will have line management responsibility of one HR advisor located in the UK.
The Senior BP is expected to operate at a strategic and operational level partnering with the COO and senior leaders in Consultancy offering expert HR advice and challenge.
S/he will work with the Group HR Director, other senior leaders and the wider stakeholder group to develop strategic and operational HR plans, which will help deliver business priorities for their respective business units. The role holder will be expected to lead change programmes such as reorganisations and change of Target Operating Model and provide HR services by successfully navigating ambiguity and complexity.
- To provide strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the HR plan by working in partnership with the COOs and senior leadership team to identify people priorities from business plans, translating business requirements into effective people practices designed to deliver business objectives
- To lead on change management, organisational design and employee engagement for respective business areas
- To support business units with workforce planning and strategic resource management and work closely with the Recruitment function to facilitate resource requirements within the defined business area/s
- To lead and manage complex ER cases related to performance management, redundancies, disciplinary and grievances
- To support the delivery of, and contribute to the content of appropriate training and development programmes, working closely with colleagues in the Talent & Development team
- To develop and deliver resourcing, talent and succession plans
- To build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business and support them on organisational structure and design
- To lead and manage an HR Advisor to ensure that she is equipped to exceed customer expectations, fulfil their role, contribute to the wider team and progress their own career aspirations.
Line Management Duties
- To performance manage, appraise and develop direct reports
- To develop succession plans and longer term potential
- To ensure compliance with company standards, policies and rules including health & safety compliance and adherence
- To role model the expectations of a Manager
Technical Competencies required
The key technical competencies required to perform the role well are outlined below.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to convert business strategy into coherent people plans
- Change management & OD practice
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- UK employment law
- Excellent communication skills - effectively utilised to influence situations and outcomes
- Demonstrable knowledge and effective delivery of talent, succession and resource management plans
- Facilitation skills
- Project management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Budget and financial management
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Knowledge of other jurisdictions and their employment law