Senior Human Resources Business Partner - City, Manchester, United Kingdom,
Job Title - Senior HRBP
Location - Manchester/York
Rates - £413.01 LTD/Umbrella £360.60 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Network Rail require a Senior HRBP to come in and join the team in either Manchester or York, this will be a role to cover the current incumbent's secondment. The successful candidate needs to be someone who has worked at a senior level within a large business and managed various senior stakeholders. This role will require you to look after 24 very senior stakeholders.
The main responsibility of this role will be to manage numerous client groups which is around 400 people. You will be heavily embedded in the business teams appose to working within a core HR team. This role will cover commercial disciplines within the IP side of the business so someone with relevant industry background will be of an interest.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the supported business area/s to develop, drive and implement the HR Strategy/People Plan to include; talent, succession planning and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high performance culture.
- Act as an integral member of the business leadership team, building strong relationships with senior business leaders and other relevant stakeholders. Coach, advise and challenging thinking in addition to co-development, design and execution of integrated medium to long term people initiatives to meet current and future business needs.
- Act as a change agent; lead, support and contribute to change programmes, driving and championing the implementation of HR solutions within the supported business area, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
- Proactively manage trade union relationships, working with the Employee Relations team, appropriate HR Business Partners and managers across the business.
- Reinforce and support the ownership of people management by the business and line managers and the HR Business Partner model.
- Influence the centres of expertise development of strategy and policy through sharing business/functional requirements and inputting into development and execution planning.
- Work in collaboration with; Centres of Expertise, HR Shared Services, HR Direct and HR Business Partner teams to proactively identify and influence changes that improve HR service.
- Liaise with HR Business Partners in other areas of the business in order to work collaboratively on cross business/geographical issues.
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrates strong business/commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Proven experience of working in partnership with senior business leaders in order to improve people management.
- Passionate about customer service with ability to articulate previous achievements through business deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice HR solutions to drive a high performance culture.
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Experience of coaching, influencing and building strong working relationships with senior business leaders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of working with senior leaders to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge - CIPD qualified or relevant experience to demonstrate level of competence.
- Proven track record of operating in a complex working environment.
- Broad experience of managing organisation change programmes e.g. TUPE, Organisation re-design, redundancy programmes, etc
- Graduate calibre
- Experience of working within a highly unionised environment (Essential for roles supporting Maintenance & Operations Functions).
- MCIPD/post-graduate human resources qualification.
- Understanding of project management principles and experience of managing complex projects to successful conclusion.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.